Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Some Randomness

I've been sick with a sinus infection that doesn't want to go away. I'm going on week 3. My doctor is incredibly hard to get in to, and the prospect of spending my day off at Urgent Care with a ton of others with the same complaint is not on my to do list. Plus, it's the windy season here, which exacerbates it.
I'll get back to my regularly scheduled bitch sessions when the roll slows. Right now I'm trying to keep my blogs focused on the needs of rescues, since this is the time of year that we're most conscious of helping. I do have some more ass clown stories.
Boss Mans wife, who is in the end stages of a terminal condition, had a crisis the day before Thanksgiving and was rushed to the hospital. I'm having a hard time grasping that since she chose not to take treatment for this illness that she overlooked having a Do Not Resuscitate order, but apparently she did, and was resuscitated. This is going to be a rough and sad holiday season for him. I'm just hoping for whatever happens that it's peaceful and painless for her.
The two ladies I wrote about here did as I predicted and rehomed that German Shepherd puppy. They recently adopted 2 Chihuahua mix puppies and it seems to be a much better match for them so far.
I was finally able to spend a few days excavating the worst room in my house and getting it back in order. I still have some more work to do, but it's finally under control, and the Salvation Army got the benefit of stuff that I finally let go of. Everybody won on that one.
I had to work on Black Friday, not that I'd go anywhere near a store if I had the time off. Too many years of working retail. I did take advantage of a few sales, though. Hit the Hi Fi Cosmetics sale for me and my kid, but didn't take advantage of some of the other cool beauty sales. I was able to stock up on some much needed horse supplies with some of the online store sales. I just need to get my ass in gear, get inspired, and get my gifting done for the holidays.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have had a lot going on. Hope you get to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete