Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!

A day late and a dollar short, but I do hope this new year brings better things for everyone.
I just didn't feel Christmas at all last month. Not that I'm one of those excessively cheery people, but I do usually get into the holiday spirit. But the season fell flat for me this time, as I think it did for a lot of people.
On the job front it has been particularly stressful. At some point in time, all of the heater/air conditioning units were vandalized. The landlords insurance finally approved new units. It was a warm day when the units were put on the roof, with the heating company planning on coming in later in the week to wire them in. Unfortunately, we had a series of heavy rainstorms before that could happen.
A week before Christmas, the boss man's wife passed away after a long illness. So for 3 days we had another vet working with us. This vet was used to a much nicer practice, and ours seemed even more ghetto than before with it being so cold and the fact that the roof leaks to the point where it was actually raining inside the building. What little traffic we had were in and out, nobody wanted to leave their pet in such a cold office, and I don't blame them. It was cold, wet and bleak, and nobody wanted to be there. Boss Man is back at work, but he is even more isolated than usual. I can totally understand and sympathize, but I can't get rid of the feeling that everything is in a state of flux right now, and I have to ride it out and see what happens. A huge shout out of gratitude to the people who installed the heating units. The first chance they got, which was Christmas eve, they were up on our roof hooking us up with heat!
On the home front, my husband's uncle lost his battle with leukemia the day after Christmas. I'll have a post up to honor him in a day or two. We already miss him. The constant rain has kept me from doing anything with my horses, which is a necessity for my sanity. We haven't had enough dry days between storms to get them out, a major bummer. I did have the farrier out, and discovered my young horse had chewed off a significant amount of my gelding's tail! No wonder he's grumpy. I was able to wash off his muddy legs and tail yesterday and I trimmed some of it up. Thankfully it has time to grow back before summer!
I had planned more posts between Christmas and the New Year, especially the individual ass clown awards, but life events got in the way. The Twilight Zone Marathon on SyFy channel precludes everything as it is a once a year event.
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment