Saturday, September 25, 2010

Say What?

I speak English only, much to the frustration of our Spanish speaking clients. I understand some Spanish and know a few words, but not enough to have a conversation in Spanish. Both my coworkers  speak Spanish and English. Boss Man speaks his native language and English, but despite his many years here, his English has never improved. Probably because he's rude and antisocial and doesn't want to talk to many people that speak English. I stopped counting how many times a client has come out of the exam room and asked me what he just said.
Today's another Saturday shot clinic. A family comes in with a cat. Since I've waited on them before, I know they speak perfect English. I note their chart and send them into the exam room so their cat can get his shot. Coworker and I are at the reception desk, helping other clients. Boss Man come to the desk and addresses my coworker:
"HEY WILL YOU GO IN THERE AND EXPLAIN TO THE CLIENT ABOUT GETTING HIS CAT NEUTERED. THE CAT HAS BIG BALLS"
Naturally, that statement was loud and clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment