Friday, September 3, 2010

Get A Clue

I got the usual end of the week calls about our Saturday shot clinic. Which is every Saturday from 10-1, as our yellow page ad, newspaper ad, and every effing piece of correspondence to our clients states. I really don't have to look up a client's chart to see what shots their pet needs, unless it's a dog that's been licensed before getting a rabies booster (3 years) all vaccines are annual. But they want me to look anyway.
We do NOT have a computer system, so it's not a matter of hitting a couple of keys and finding Fido's history. We have to get the client's name (another hard question), look it up in our trusty rolodex, get the file number, then pull the file, sift through the information on several pets to find the right one.
"Hello my name is Joe Blow, can you check my file and tell me what shots Fluffy is due for?"
"Sure, please hold for a moment while I get your file"
I look up the file, retrieve it, and only find pets that have been deceased.
"Thank you for waiting, sir, I've got your file but I can't find Fluffy. Did you ever own a dog named Fido?"
"Fido's dead"
"Yes, sir, I see that. I just wanted to make sure I had the right file. I can't seem to find any information on Fluffy."
"That's probably because we've used other vets for Fluffy"
Ya think?  ::headdesk::

No comments:

Post a Comment